[Marks of A Movement]
Gen. 12:1 | “The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go the land I will show you.”
– Sometimes God tells us to go without telling us where. This is so we trust in the Person of God and not the plan.
Ex. 2:25 | “He (God) looked down on the people of Israel and knew it was time to act.”
– Our calling always begins with God’s love and his desire to reveal himself through us.
Joshua 1:9| “This is my commandment-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
– The promise we are given is the promise we need, that God is with us.
I Sam. 16:11-12| “Then Samuel asked, “Are these all the sons you have?” “There is still the youngest,” Jesse replied, “But he’s out in the fields watching the sheep and goats.” …”So Jesse sent for him. He was dark and handsome, with beautiful eyes. And the LORD said, “This is the one, anoint him.”
– God not only looks upon the hearts of those he calls, he will give them opportunities to serve as he prepares them to lead. Look for those opportunities as you seek God’s calling.
Isaiah 6:8| “Then I heard the LORD asking “Whom shall I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am, send me.”
– There are times in our lives we need to stop asking God where he wants us to go and we need to start asking God who he wants us to serve!
Today I share a special and specific prayer request. On the topic of God calling us out, my dear friends Dennis and Rachael LeCouffe have felt the call of God on their lives to serve as missionaries. Recently, Dennis and Rachael have been accepted as part of the ministry team for YWAM (Youth with a Mission).
Currently, Rachael and Dennis reside in Vermont and have begun a fundraising campaign to help raise the funds necessary to serve as missionaries. The Missions Trip in January 2015 and they will serve for six months in Mexico. The funds raised will cover the costs of travel, living expenses and medical coverage.
Please pray for them and if you would like to donate, you can do so here|
1. If there is one thing that sets the life in the Spirit apart from the one trying to live by human effort it’s this, to recognize that everything comes from God and nothing comes from ourselves.
2. Rest in what Christ has done and let the Spirit transform your outward life into His finished work.
3. The reason the Old Covenant couldn’t succeed is because it was dependent upon people performing the work of God and remaining sinless.
4. The fact is that God established His works completely, and then formed creation around His completed work.
5. Yet God doesn’t measure faithfulness by accomplishments but by obedience by faith.
6. Grace is the completed work of Christ offered to us as the fulfillment of all that God desires for us to do and to be.
7. My most feeble effort, if it is a work of faith in God’s power, can accomplish wonders if God enters that work to accomplish His purpose. When we trust in His works, we will experience
8. The message of scripture is to rest fully on the assurance that our promise is dependent on Christ alone.
9. To walk in the Spirit is to walk by faith – trusting completely in the work of God.
10. The call of the gospel is to trust completely in Christ and allow Him to transform us into His likeness.
All quotes taken from, “It Is Finished.” By Eddie Snipes (GES Book Publishing Carrollton, GA Copyright © 2013)
marks of a movement| written by mike monica.