Echo the Story
- Jesus’ transformation raises for us new possibilities for what it means to be human.
- The experience of God will always be trans-rational; it goes beyond our capacity to analyze or reason.
- What set Jesus apart was the deep understanding and trust he had that he was loved by God the Father.
- Believing in Jesus has a whole lot to do with believing like Jesus.
- It turns out that knowing how loved we are by God makes all the difference in the kind of people we will become.
- Jesus is the beloved Son in whom the Father was well pleased, not by whom he was well pleased.
- The Father’s voice of love was the source from which the work of the Son would come.
- God draws people into the wilderness because he wants to go deeper in his relationship with us. (The wilderness is a gift.)
- It is always the most unlikely people who do the most astonishing beautiful good work in God’s kingdom.
- Jesus made his own brokenness a resource for healing to the entire world.
All quotes taken from, Prototype by Jonathan Martin. (Tyndale Momentum, 2013)
Echo the Prayer
Please pray for Show Hope. Show Hope is a non-profit organization that assists with caring for orphans. Check out their website @ http://www.showhope.org
Echo the Word
2 Timothy 2:15, “Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.”
Believers need to engage the Word of God. Read it, study it, meditate upon it. Through the Word, we learn of the heart of God, our Father. This has been one of the greatest challenges and areas of struggle in my life. The important lesson is to never give up. Keep pressing in.
To those of you who might find reading the Word a struggle, please consider the following resources available @ http://www.BibleGateway.com
2 Timothy 2:15